Do you care deeply about the health of your community?
Do you want to do something about it?
At the end of July 2018, the Imperial County Local Health Authority (LHA) will launch Phase 2 of the community’s first-ever joint community/stakeholder Health Leadership & Communications Training. Phase 2—Training Stakeholder Leaders —will allow representatives from agencies that participate in the Imperial County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) partnership, the Public Health Department, and the Local Health Authority to come together and learn new skills that will help everyone engage residents in improving health more effectively.
Phase 2 Program Overview
The training will hone and develop participants' decision-making, presentation, and messaging skills so that they can work with the community to more effectively address health issues in Imperial County. Phase 2 of training will mirror the curriculum received by resident participants in Phase 1 and will integrate information gathered from Phase 1 so our community can build a common language, strengthen partnerships, and establish new working relationships. As a result of the training, stakeholders will be able to more effectively engage community residents and other local stakeholders to be change agents for improving health in Imperial County.
The training will take place from late July through early October, after which Phase 2 stakeholder leader graduates will convene with the resident leader graduates from Phase 1 of training for a joint summit. Ultimately, the Local Health Authority aims to have all graduates continue working within their organizations, local collaboratives, and the community to create initiatives that meet community needs and improve health in Imperial County.
Program Timeline & Workshop Agendas
All workshop trainings will take place locally at the Imperial County Public Health Department.
- Workshop Training #1: July 31 – August 2, 2018 (8:30 am to 4:00 pm*)
- Workshop Training #2: August 28 – August 30, 2018 (8:30 am to 4:00 pm*)
- Workshop Training #3: October 2 – October 4, 2018 (8:30 am to 4:00 pm*)
*End time has been updated.
Phase 2 of the training program and its workshop will be led by Environmental Financing Center West (EFCWest). Your workshop trainers will be Sarah Diefendorf and Elaine McCarty; check out their bios here.
Target Audience & Application Process
- Representatives from the LHA
- Both Commissioners and/or committee members are welcome to participate in the training. If you are a Commissioner and/or committee member, please contact Christina Olson, LHA Health Program Coordinator, no later than June 18 to discuss your interest and the process of selection for LHA representatives. Note: You do not need to submit the application for CHIP partnership agencies as described below.
- Representatives from partner agencies of the Imperial County Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- The be considered for this training, you must complete an electronic application for CHIP partner agencies.
- July 23, 2018 Update: The application process is now closed.
- Representatives from the Imperial County Public Health Department
- Please contact the deputy director for your division to discuss your interest and the process of selection for Public Health staff.