Provider Committee Members
- Chair: Dr. Uri Guefen, Clincias de Salud del Pueblo
- Vice-Chair: Dr. Mukesh Bhatt, Calexico Pharmacy
- Dr. Smit Chauhan, Imperial County Behavioral Health Services
- Dr. Bushra Ahmad, Imperial County Behavioral Health Services
- Dr. John Teague, Pioneers Memorial Healthcare District
- Dan Kang, Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc.
- Dr. Patrick Wolcott, Imperial Valley Sleep Center
The Provider Committee serves as an advisor to the Commission on health care issues, medication prescribing practice, medication usage patterns, peer review, and credentialing/re-credentialing decisions. This committee is responsible for reviewing provider grievances and/or appeals, provider quality issues, and other peer review matters. The Physician Advisory Committee is charged with the assessment of standards of health care as applied to Medi-Cal beneficiaries and providers; assists with development of indicators for studies; and regularly reviews guidelines that are promulgated to contracting providers and members. This committee consists of a variety of practitioners in order to represent the appropriate level of knowledge to adequately assess and adopt healthcare standards.
- Date: Third Tuesday of the month
- Time: 5:30-6:30 PM
- Location: Imperial County Public Health Department,Training Center
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes