We are an independent collaborative of community leaders and representatives from the public and private sectors in Imperial County working to improve equity and well-being in our community.
We are committed to an accessible and high-quality health care system that:
- Improves the health status of the community by focusing on the impact of the social determinants of health, health equity for all residents, and the reduction of health disparities;
- Is accountable and responsive to the community by engaging with community and business leaders and community residents to advocate for the health care needs of underserved residents of Imperial County;
- Joins in ongoing dialogue with Medi-Cal managed care health plans, providers, other stakeholders, and the community regarding the effectiveness of the Medi-Cal program, highlighting cultural competent, evidence-based programs and practices;
- Fosters and honors strong relationships with health care providers, especially safety net providers;
- Addresses the local challenges faced by Medi-Cal beneficiaries and the providers that serve them in collaboration with the Medi-Cal managed care health plans;
- Monitors health plan performance and reports their performance to the community;
- Reflects a knowledgeable and informed governing board that demonstrates leadership, engagement, and collaboration; and
- Supports the effective and efficient use of health care services.